Entry 1: Introduction

my presentation (you must click the arrow in the bottom right corner to move on)

Comments

  1. I also struggles with Spanish in High School. My school required us to take 3 semesters of the language and I did not learn much in the class. I was not able to speak Spanish and I had a difficult time creating sentences. Now that I am teaching students who predominantly speak Spanish I wish I had taken those classes more seriously, but I also found them to be repetitive and boring. I have learned a lot more from my time communicating with the students in my classroom and having them teach me sentences and phrases than I did sitting in a chair repeating myself. With the amount of students in the area that speak Spanish it makes it very difficult to communicate and I regret not taking Spanish class more seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your point about taking those high school classes seriously. I jokingly played through most of my Spanish classes in high school for the entire year and walked away with practically no Spanish acquisition at all. Anyway, I believe that instructed second language learning never works well with someone who is not intrinsically motivated to do so. The best way to learn a new language is to jump into it and learn it from the environment around you. This naturalistic learning is always better because it comes from a place of authenticity and passion. You will always learn more when you are put in an environment where learning that something benefits you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog:3 Teacher Interview

Entry 2 Interview